August means it's winter here in Oz heading for Spring. Here in the lovely Adelaide Hills we have seasonal weather or all the seasons in one day. Today started off sunny, turned cloudy, rained a bit and then got sunny again. Typical August weather.
August is also the unveiling of the program for the Adelaide hosting of the Eat Drink Blog Conference on Sunday November 4th 2012.
Over at the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop it is Berry Nice to Meet You. Christina of The Hungry Australian is the hostess this month and more info can be found on her blog.
I have taken holidays for most of August and that is the time for easy stuff. One of the easiest recipes I have is for a Microwave Cup Cake - it is cooked in 2 or 3 coffee cups.
Microwave Cup Cake
6 Tablespoons SR Flour (or 4 Tablespoons flour and 2 cocoa)
4 tablespoons sugar or brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, frozen berries or choc chips
In a small bowl mix the egg, milk, vanilla and oil with a spoon.
Add the flour and sugar and mix well.
Add walnuts, berries or choc chips.
Divide the mixture evenly between 2 greased coffee mugs.
Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on high.
Allow to cool slightly then tip out and eat or eat it straight out of the cup with cream and or ice cream.
- Put some cooked apples underneath the cake mixture.
- Leave out the egg and mix ½ a mashed banana through the mixture.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon maple syrup for 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Fold through 2 tablespoon chopped pecans.
- Instead of milk use orange or lemon juice and add some of the rind finely grated.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon of milk for rum and add 1 tablespoon chopped raisins.
- After greasing the mug cover the bottom with a teaspoon or two of your favourite jam or golden syrup. Then put the cake mix on the top.