Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eggless Pancakes

Our search for egg free food has lead me too this recipe for Eggless Pancakes.
I got up this morning and all I could think about was pancakes. A bit cruel to cook my usual recipe when No 2 Son can't eat them, so I surfed the net and found this recipe from Cooks.com.
I don't remember visiting this American site before but there is a treasure trove of info there.
I did adapt the recipe a little as I am trying to cut out back on sugar. I substituted maple syrup which is slightly better.

FLUFFY EGGLESS PANCAKES

1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter or nuttelex

Combine milk, maplesyrup, oil, water, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients.
Whisk together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix - it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat until hot. While pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
When pan is hot, place tablespoons of batter in the pan.
Cook over a low heat until bubbles form on the surface.
Carefully flip pancakes with an eggslide and cook until golden brown.

These pancakes were made with wholemeal flour and were just as good hot as egg pancakes. They were a little heavier when they were cold but still great. I cooked them on my new cooker. More on that later.

No comments: